|COLONEL RAYMOND A. KOZAK|
Col. Raymond A. Kozak is the commander of the 512th Airlift Wing, an associate Air Force Reserve Command unit located at Dover Air Force Base, Del. He is the senior officer responsible for the 1,800-person organization, which supports Air Mobility Command's worldwide airlift mission, operating C-5 and C-17 aircraft.
Colonel Kozak was commissioned in the Air Force through the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1983. He began his active-duty Air Force career with Undergraduate Pilot Training at Reese AFB, Texas, graduating in 1984. Seven years later, Colonel Kozak joined the New Jersey Air National Guard and worked in the civilian industry as a manufacturing associate for a pharmaceutical company. He joined the Air Force Reserve in 1995 and has supported Operations Allied Force, Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom and New Dawn. He is a command pilot with more than 6,000 flying hours and has served as an air expeditionary wing commander overseas in support of Operation Unified Protector. Colonel Kozak previously served as the director of Air, Space and Information Operations, Headquarters Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering mechanics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1988 Master of Arts degree in business administration, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1986 Squadron Officer School, in residence and correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
1993 U.S. AF Air Mobility School (Distinguished Graduate), Scott AFB, Ill.
1995 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1999 Air War College, by seminar (Outstanding Graduate)
1997 Naval War College, Reserve Officer Joint Military Operations Course, Newport, R.I.
1999 Naval War College, Reserve Officer National Security Decision Making Course, Newport, R.I.
2001 Naval War College, Reserve Officer Strategy and Policy Course, Newport, R.I.
2002 National Defense University, Reserve Components National Security Course, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2005 Joint Air and Space Operations Senior Staff Course, 705th Training Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2007 Safety Accident Investigation Board President Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Planning and Organizational Strategy for Public Sector Employees, Federal Executive Institute, Washington, D.C.
2010 AF Nuclear Management Fundamentals Course, U.S. AF Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2010 National Defense University, Joint Forces Staff College, Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Norfolk, Va.
2011 Director of Mobility Forces Course, U.S. AF Expeditionary Center, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1. July 1983 - June 1984, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Reese AFB, Texas
2. July 1984 - October 1984, Student, KC-135 Combat Crew Training School, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
3. November 1984 - October 1986, KC-135 Co-pilot and T-37 First Pilot, 320th BMW, Mather AFB, Calif.
4. October 1986 - October 1990, KC-135 Aircraft Commander, Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, 384th BMW,
McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. November 1991 - August 1995, KC-135 Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, Standardization and Evaluation Pilot, 108th Operations Group Executive Officer, 108th Air Refueling Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. August 1995 - August 2003, KC-135 Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, Chief Pilot, 931st OSF Commander, Stan/Eval Pilot, Operations Officer, 931st Air Refueling Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
7. August 2003 - July 2008, 927th OG Commander, 927th Air Refueling Wing, Selfridge ANGB, Mich.
8. July 2008 - June 2012, Director, Air, Space and Information Operations, Headquarters Fourth Air Force, March ARB, Calif. (October 2011 - November 2011, Commander, 313th Air Expeditionary Wing, Western Europe)
9. June 2012 - Present, Commander, 512th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB, Del.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: Over 6,000
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, KC-135A/E/R/T, C-17, C-5M
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass and three M devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1983
First Lieutenant June 1, 1985
Captain June 1, 1987
Major Oct. 5, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 29, 2000
Colonel Feb. 6, 2004
(Current as of July 2013)